Re: twonky v5

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2008
      twonyvision have declared specifik for the slug there is no support
      after 4.4.
      so you got 2 alternatives as I see it.
      wait for the downloadpage for older versions to work again or try
      (free)mediatomb. If you cant handle Mediatomb ask in their irc-
      channel
      #mediatomb

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Jon Dunford <jon_dunford@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, After much trawling of the wikis and web. I'd decided to try
      > install Twonky (seems to be worth spending the money) but I hit a
      > problem two days ago as the Twonky website was down for
      maintenance.
      > Now it's back and showing version 5. After reading some of the
      wikis
      > and the Twonky forum I saw they were stopping support for NAS.
      However
      > in the general blurb about v5 they still say it is compatible with
      > NAS. A change of heart?
      >
      > http://www.twonkyvision.de/compatibility.html
      >
      > Has anyone tried this version yet with any success? I know it's
      early
      > days with v5 from the look of it and I've got to admit I'm a
      novice
      > (took me two days to get unslung unslinged! not full time I hasten
      > add) so I'm reluctant to try something new, I'd rather learn by
      doing
      > tried and tested methods with step by step notes!
      >
      > If the v5 doesn't do the job I'm struggling to find the last known
      > NSLU2 version as the old links don't work, probably due to the
      website
      > update. Does anyone know where the 30day trial of v4.4 may be
      hosted?
      > cheers,
      > Jon

    • coupeborgward
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2008
        I have got the Beta 5 running on my slug. I guess I was luck to have
        downloaded it before they changed their direction