Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Donations needed to continue Optware packages service

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 19, 2008
      Joel Gebhart wrote:
      > The donation page is really clear if you are donating from a PP
      > balance or credit card draw, but it doesn't say which one to use if
      > you don't have a PP balance, but will be drawing from your checking
      > account instead. Anyone know what to do, and how to ask the NSLU2
      > wiki team to update that page with more instructions?

      Put in a donation using the PP balance link. If it works, then I can
      update the page. If it doesn't work, I can reject it and then you can
      use the other link.

      -- Rod Whitby
      -- NSLU2-Linux Project Lead
    • ernstjanoud
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
        L.S.

        As one of the people who donated; what happened? We never saw any
        feedback... not even some sort of reply that the donation was received.

        Ernst

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <rod@...> wrote:

        > Joel Gebhart wrote:
        > > The donation page is really clear if you are donating from a PP
        > > balance or credit card draw, but it doesn't say which one to use if
        > > you don't have a PP balance, but will be drawing from your checking
        > > account instead. Anyone know what to do, and how to ask the NSLU2
        > > wiki team to update that page with more instructions?
        >
        > Put in a donation using the PP balance link. If it works, then I can
        > update the page. If it doesn't work, I can reject it and then you can
        > use the other link.
        >
        > -- Rod Whitby
        > -- NSLU2-Linux Project Lead

      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2009
          ernstjanoud wrote:
          > As one of the people who donated; what happened? We never saw any
          > feedback... not even some sort of reply that the donation was
          > received.

          We received enough donations to purchase the 5 1TB disks required to
          keep the autobuilder running for the forseeable future.

          The install was performed a couple of weeks ago, and everything is
          working flawlessly. Many thanks to Tom King (ka6sox) for managing the
          purchase and data management and the folks at OSUOSL for helping with
          the hardware installation.

          Thanks also to everyone who donated!

          -- Rod Whitby
          -- NSLU2-Linux Project Lead