RAID Drive recommendations?

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2008
      I've had 3 different RAID 0 drives (striped) connected to my NSLU2 in
      the last year. The drives were formatted by the NSLU2 to EXT3 format
      before being put into use.

      I've had all these drives fail; some have lasted months, the most
      recent drive lasted less than a week.

      I 'love the slug' (NSLU), but running a non-striped drive leaves users
      with too much waiting when saving large files; when operating properly
      the RAID drive is much faster.

      Two questions-
      - anyone else running RAID 0 or RAID 5 drives connected to your NSLU2?

      - anyone using a DROBO or other standalone RAID device with their
      slug?

      Thank you, Jim