Re: Stream live sound

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008
      Thanks - but I am new to Linux...

      I have Googled these terms but -

      Is the streaming service just a default part of xinet.d?
      (xinet.d is not in my (Debian Slug) etc folder so I guess I must
      install it)
      - and how does a PC on the internet know the Slug address?

      (your PC runs Linux - I have used a browser on a Mac to receive
      streaming audio from remote webcam microphones linked to sound
      sources, but I think they plugged into windows PCs)

      I really want to monitor a microphone using a browser if I can.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Reitmayr <treitmayr@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Graham,
      > I do something like this to listen to what's played by my stereo (to
      which the sound card + slug are connected). The server on the slug is
      a simple xinet.d service defined by /etc/xinet.d/audiostream like this
      (you may have to adjust user/group):