Re: Alternative to NSLU2 to run a live webserver from home

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2008
      Look at asus ee box
      http://event.asus.com/eeepc/microsites/eeebox/en/specifications.html

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "stuart smith" <stuart@...>
      wrote:

      > Nick, although it takes a little work to put together I built up a
      system using a VIA GA-PCV2 motherboard and a 2 1/2 laptop disk using
      a PicoPSU to power it. It gives me the full flexibility of a PC yet
      only draws abot 30W. Its usin g a VIA C3 processor running at 1GHz
      and will take up to 1GB of RAM in a single DIMM slot. Currently its
      running XP with the Abyss webserver, but if you are more comfortable
      with Linux, you have plenty of choices. I Have had Fedora 9 running
      on the same platform. I'm using the same motherboard to run a
      Smoothwall as well.