Re: [nslu2-general] Alternative to NSLU2 to run a live webserver from home

  • stuart smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6 5:05 AM
      Nick, although it takes a little work to put together I built up a system using a VIA GA-PCV2 motherboard and a 2 1/2 laptop disk using a PicoPSU to power it. It gives me the full flexibility of a PC yet only draws abot 30W. Its usin g a VIA C3 processor running at 1GHz and will take up to 1GB of RAM in a single DIMM slot. Currently its running XP with the Abyss webserver, but if you are more comfortable with Linux, you have plenty of choices. I Have had Fedora 9 running on the same platform. I'm using the same motherboard to run a Smoothwall as well.

      You can have a look at it here.

      http://www.sdsnet.dyndns.org/webserver.shtml

      As you can see its not very big. The case is only 300mm wide x 200mm deep x 80mm high.

      The motherboard is a mini ITX motherboard.

      Stuart
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7 2:29 AM
        Look at asus ee box
        http://event.asus.com/eeepc/microsites/eeebox/en/specifications.html