[nslu2-general] Problem connecting Maxtor basics desktop NTFS 500 GB on NSLU2

  • path1234
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi to everybody..

      I bought before yesterday a NSLU2 and I wanted to connect my maxtor HD NTFS
      of 500 GB on it, but I have found the following problem:

      - I can not access to NSLU2 via win explorer (start->run->NSLU2 IP address)
      if the maxtor HD is connected to USB port disk 1.
      Instead if I access via browser I can see the HD and also all its folders!!!
      If I connect the HD on disk 2 I can access the NSLU2 via explorer but I
      don't find any HD

      That HD has an external power supply..

      I have also another HD, 100 GB NTFS Lacie with NO EXTERNAL SUPPLY and it
      works very well both with explorer and browser..

      I tried to contact the technical support. They told me to upgrade my
      firmware, but my default firmware was 2.3R63 which is supposed to work with
      NTFS..
      They asked me to UPGRADE to 2.3R29. I tried to explain that was a DOWNGRADE
      because I had the 2.3R63 one, but they were sure of that, so I installed the
      2.3R29. However, I was right because now NO NTFS disks are detected (neither
      Lacie which worked before the "upgrade" neither maxtor).

      So this is my situation now..

      Do you have any suggestion?
      What I have to do now?

      The only difference between my two HD NTFS is:
      one has external power supply and has 500 GB (this HD does not work..)
      the other has no external power supply and has 100 GB (this HS works..)

      Thanks to everybody..