fried slug?

  • richarddmorey
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2008
      I moved to Europe from the US recently, and all my electronics have
      worked fine with simple plug adapters that do not step down the
      voltage from 220. The AC adapters that come with the electronics
      typically do that for you. All of them except my NSLU2.

      After my NSLU2 and getting nothing for about 10 seconds, I unplugged
      it and looked at the adapter:

      Input 100-120V 50/60Hz 0.5A
      Output DC 5.0V 2.0A

      Did I fry my slug? Is it likely to work if I buy a proper adapter for it?

      Thanks.
    • Michael Andersen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2008
        Hi,

        I think it's most likely, that you only fry the adapter. Maybe you
        didn't fry it, because there could be a inbuilt circuit, that shuts
        down, when the input voltage is outside the range. Plug the adapter
        again and measure the output with a universal volt meter.

        If you don't have access to measuring equipment, try with another
        adapter with input voltage 230 V and 5 V DC 2 A or more output,
        before you go out and buy a new one.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "richarddmorey"