older original linksys firmware

  • tomtrouble0528
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2008
      My apologies if this is not an appropriate question for this group,
      but I am running out of options.

      In order to reproduce a customer's bug report I am trying to find
      an older version of the linksys firmware, specifically v2.3r29.

      This is not available on the linksys site and I have found no
      reference to it anywhere online.

      I was hoping one of the members of this group may have the firmware
      file or be able to point me to an online repository.

      Cheers,
      T.mike
    • stuart smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2008
        Tom, try here

        ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/NSLU2_V23R29.zip

        Stuart

      • tmikep@recipes4linux.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 21, 2008
          Thanks Ernst and Stuart for the replies.
          I was referred to this ftp site offline from the group and
          have downloaded the file.

          As I'm getting my feet wet, so to speak, with NSLU2 now,
          any thoughts on which path to follow first:
          unslung
          slug/OS

          Cheers,
          T.mike

          Quoting stuart smith <stuart@...>:

          > Tom, try here
          >
          > ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/NSLU2_V23R29.zip
          >
          > Stuart

        • Ralph Finch
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 25, 2008
            As I'm getting my feet wet, so to speak, with NSLU2 now,
            any thoughts on which path to follow first:
            unslung
            slug/OS

            "It depends". How proficient are you at linux admin? What do you intend to
            do with the slug?

            I used Sun Solaris many years ago including a little admin, and only really
            need the slug for a cheap, very low power proxy server. So I'm sticking
            with unslung for now. So far it seems quite complete.

            Ralph Finch

          • stuart smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2008
              T.mike, I'm running unslung. Have about 300GB of storage plus running an xmail server using a second disk for dedicated storage of mail.

              It just sits in the background and does what it needs to.

              Stuart