Iomega NAS 100d

  • Wayne
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2008
      Hello

      Is it possible to re-flash from the original firmware to something else
      without having to add a serial port to this device?

      Regards,

      Wayne

    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2008
        Theoretically, it is possible.
        However, everyone I know of (including myself) has used a serial port to do it.
        It does not have a network bootloader upgrade mode like the nslu2, so you either need to flash from the bootloader serial console, or you need to get into userspace and try to flash from there (which is not always possible - I forget where the partitions are writeable from the stock firmware).
        -- Rod