HELP! My NSLU2 is no longer seeing 1.5TB disk attached to disk1 USB

  • Christopher Dadd
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2008
      I have a NSLU2 running Unslung V2.3R63 and a 1.5tb drive attached to it
      on disk 1 usb.

      This morning I went to download some media from it and only a few
      directories were left on it. I rebooted the NSLU2 and the hard disk and
      the NSLU2 only boots from flash. It doesn't see the USB disk at all.

      I'm in a slight panic as I don't have a backup of the entire thing and
      of course the disk is not a windows format anymore. It's particularly
      irritating that I've ordered a raid array to keep a live back with but
      it's not arrived yet.

      What precise order to I switch on the slug and disk?

      What do I do next?

      Regards
      Chris
    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2008
        If you cant get it work again on your slug and need to rescue data
        you can use "Ext2fsd" application for windows and mount the disk in
        windows.I use it on vista version 45 - works fine.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Dadd"
        <christopher_dadd@...> wrote:

        > I have a NSLU2 running Unslung V2.3R63 and a 1.5tb drive attached
        to it
        > on disk 1 usb.
        >
        > This morning I went to download some media from it and only a few
        > directories were left on it. I rebooted the NSLU2 and the hard disk
        and
        > the NSLU2 only boots from flash. It doesn't see the USB disk at all.
        >
        > I'm in a slight panic as I don't have a backup of the entire thing
        and
        > of course the disk is not a windows format anymore. It's
        particularly
        > irritating that I've ordered a raid array to keep a live back with
        but
        > it's not arrived yet.
        >
        > What precise order to I switch on the slug and disk?
        >
        > What do I do next?
        >
        > Regards
        > Chris

      • docbillnet
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
          The easiest thing to do is download a Live CD such as with Fedora,
          Knoppix, or Fedora and boot your PC from that. You should then be
          able to use your USB drive on your computer.

          http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD
          http://www.knoppix.org/
          https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

          If you only used ext2, then you could install the windows drivers to
          access the drive.

          http://www.fs-driver.org/

          However, if you used lvm, mdadm, or some other Linux format, you will
          need the Live CD.

          Bill