Unable to access NSLU2 since resetting

  • leech_philip
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2008
      To provide some background to my problem I reset my NSLU2 as I was
      unable to see the 2nd Disk via the web interface.

      After resetting the NSLU2 the IP has changed to 192.168.1.77 and the
      default password is not allowing me to access the setup of the NSLU2.

      I am therefore in a position where I have data of my 2 hard drives
      attached to the NSLU2 and I cannot access them.

      Via the setup disc the ip is highlighted as 192.168.1.77 and I can
      ping this via the command prompt but I cannot open this in firefox or
      IE7 as I get the error "Though the site seems valid, the browser was
      unable to establish a connection"

      The default gateway is incorrectly showing as 0.0.0.0 however i am
      unable to change this as the password is incorrect and therefore not
      allowing me to change the settings.

      OS is Windows XP Pro SP3
      Firmware on NSLU2 is R29

      Is there anyway that I can find out the password so that I can
      configure and access my NSLU2, I have very little knowledge of linux
      so it it possible to do this in Windows?

      Thanks
      Phil