Re: vlc

  • MIKi
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5 2:14 PM
      Thanks for your answer. I will check the french site also.

      - Means your last sentence, that using VLC with Debian is also working
      on a Slug?

      Thanks for your help in advance, I am a real beginner.
      Mik
    • nllittle2003
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6 6:21 PM
        Yes there is a regular ARM distribution for Debian

        Look here
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/HomePage
        http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html

        Since they fixed the installer it runs pretty good. Takes a while
        though. Expect to spend at least a couple of hours working on it.
        Remember that you can only run Debian on a NSLU2 from a hard drive.
        Its not like unslung. Its a full blown debian system.

        I only had to start over once. First time I installed the NSLU2 it red
        lighted on the install. Just be patient and walk away for a while and
        do something else. When my first install red lighted, I had to drop
        back to the original Linksys firmware and then install debian again.

        I was using the sercomm firmware update tool (windows OS) at the time
        but it is real easy using upslug (linux) as well.
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/UpSlug

        It was a lot easier then going the redboot method.
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/TelnetIntoRedBoot

        Its always a good thing to know how to use the redboot method...just
        in case murphy comes to visit

        Good luck and have fun.

        73,
        Neil, WA4AZL