Re: problem Installing packages with ipkg on HD

  • shoppergroups
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 6:56 PM
      Ok I found that:

      Normally, the /opt where packages are normally installed, is symlinked
      into the /conf partition of the harddisk. This /conf part is usually
      small. One way to deal with the space problem is to copy the contents
      of /opt to a subdir of the data partition, then change the symlink to
      there, and presto! you can use as much space of your HD for packages
      as you like.

      But how does that translate to shell commands. I am fairly new to
      linux and I dont want to screw my box up. Thanks.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "shoppergroups" <spacev@g...> wrote:

      > Hi guys,
      >
      > I got my vsftp and dropbear runningand installed on the NSLU
      > with no drive attached.
      >
      > No that everything works I hooked up my HD and I now want to install
      > appWeb, Java, iTunes server, qmail. My guess is that I cant fit all
      > that stuff on my NSLU internal flash disk so I would like to install
      > it on the HD.
      >
      > The problem, I dont know how!
      >
      > I read you can use -d <dir> but that did not work. Said something about
      > destination does not exist. But the dir was there.
      > I read that I should have an ipkg.conf in my /etc but there is no such
      > file on my entire system. I also read that there is an ipkg-link app
      > to link the other install dirs but that isnt either on my NSLU2.
      >
      > What is going on? How do I do that? ipkg update works fine, I
      > installed dropbear and vsftp with it.
      >
      > running 3.17
      >
      > Thanks.
    • shoppergroups
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2 5:37 AM
        Ok talking to myself on this one but I am again a step further but
        not there.... my /opt is not a symbolic link but a real dir.

        Does that matter? Can I just copy /opt to the HD data partition and
        then create a symbolic link?