Re: [nslu2-general] Re: authentication / file ownership problem

  • Tom Gross
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
      Krusty, I'm sure Olga meant that you can

      1. use the cd command (change directory command) to
      get to the directory containing the .profile file.

      2. edit the .profile file with the vi editor.

      By the way, I am confused about the two NSLU2 Yahoo
      groups - I would have expected this "general" group to
      be for people who are using the device as sold by
      Linksys, not for people using the unslung firmware.

      Should I be posting my newbie questions about how to
      set up the DNS and gateway to this group instead of
      the linux group?

      "http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Puppy/ViCrashCourse"
      > for
      > information
      > > on how to use vi
      > >
      > > Olga
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Krusty The
      > Clown"
      > > <tempbart@e...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I tried the chmod ugo+rw * command for some of
      > my existing files
      > and
      > > > I get a read-only file system error message.
      > Where is
      > the .profile
      > > > located? What command do I use to edit it?
      > > >
      > > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "odvdveer"
      > <odvdveer@h...>

      > files, it will
      > allow