Re: [nslu2-general] Re: nOOb needs help!

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2008
      The upgrade protocol is carried on custom ethernet packets, at a lower level than IP, UDP or TCP.
      We've found that just about all wireless access points do not pass that custom ethernet packet type. Same for routers. Safest is a direct connection or a dumb hub or switch. Anything more complex is likely to filter out these packets.
      -- Rod