"Define Backup Job" Problems

  • markbres
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
      I am getting an error when I try to define and run a backup job from
      my PC to the NSLU2. I hope someone has some successful experience
      doing this sort of thing ;)

      For the This NSLU2 section I've defined Share as "Disk1" and Folder as
      "/Pictures".

      For the Other Device section I've defined the name as either "foop4"
      or the IP address of the machine "192.168.1.104" and the shared folder
      as "/Pictures"

      I've tried both leaving the Access Requires Login unchecked or
      checking it and supplying either my local admin ID and password or my
      NSLU2 ID and password.

      In all cases I get a log entry that the backup job has started but
      then an error stating: "01/31 23:31:02 Backup: Job 'Pictures' failed,
      cannot connect to file server '//foop4/Pictures'..

      How does the NSLU2 connect to my local machine? Is there something I
      need to enable on my XP box to make this work?

      Thanks,

      mlb
    • Todd O. Klindt
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
        I had some trouble with this. Crank up the login failure events on
        your Windows box and see how the NSLU2 is trying to log in. I found
        that while I thought the NSLU2 would log in using a local account,
        it was adding my domain name to the user it was trying to log in as,
        which is why it was failing. The event in the Event Log was what
        head me to that.

        tk
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "markbres" <markbres@y...>
        wrote:

        > I am getting an error when I try to define and run a backup job
        from
        > my PC to the NSLU2. I hope someone has some successful experience
        > doing this sort of thing ;)
        >
        > For the This NSLU2 section I've defined Share as "Disk1" and
        Folder as
        > "/Pictures".
        >
        > For the Other Device section I've defined the name as
        either "foop4"
        > or the IP address of the machine "192.168.1.104" and the shared
        folder
        > as "/Pictures"
        >
        > I've tried both leaving the Access Requires Login unchecked or
        > checking it and supplying either my local admin ID and password or
        my
        > NSLU2 ID and password.
        >
        > In all cases I get a log entry that the backup job has started but
        > then an error stating: "01/31 23:31:02 Backup: Job 'Pictures'
        failed,
        > cannot connect to file server '//foop4/Pictures'..
        >
        > How does the NSLU2 connect to my local machine? Is there something
        > need to enable on my XP box to make this work?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > mlb
      • markbres
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
          Thanks for the suggestion - I'll look into this this evening.

          mlb

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Todd O. Klindt" <nslu2@k...>