Boot Loop with HDD attached

  • orvtechdotcom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2008
      Hi guys/gals.

      I have own a NSLU2 for some time now, i run Gentoo on it. the firmware that i am using is OpenSlug-3.10-beta.

      My NSLU2 was working fine with a seagate 2.5'' until it died recently so i replace it with a
      Nexstar 3.0 (V13-3210). i can chroot in to my HDD with no problem but i am unable to
      boot to it. the content of my /linuxrc is:

      root@iLazar0:~# cat /linuxrc
      #!/bin/sh
      leds beep
      sleep='15' UUID='ca36fb67-3b63-471c-a6d1-9de49c43af1a' exec '/boot/disk'
      '/dev/sda1' '-t' 'ext3' '-o' 'defaults'
      exec /boot/flash

      The HDD is in /dev/sda and sda1 is my / partition. i get no errors reflected in to my
      gentoo install so i have no idea what is wrong and i tend to thing that it has to do more
      with the actual NSLU2.

      Any ideas what this could be? any ideas how to make the boot process more verbose and
      to force it to write the output to a file or something ?

      Regards.