Entire device backup

  • Timothy C Litwiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
      I have been looking far a way to make a complete device backup and
      haven't had any luck. What do you use to make re-setting-up your nslu2
      easier?

      I am using slugos le with perl ,mysql & lighttpd and I had to compile
      over a dozen perl modules to get everything I needed for my
      application. I sort of kept notes, but it took a long time to download
      and compile everything.

      > __
    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2008
        check out the dd-command?

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Timothy C Litwiller <tim@...>
        wrote:

        > I have been looking far a way to make a complete device backup and
        > haven't had any luck. What do you use to make re-setting-up your
        nslu2
        > easier?
        >
        > I am using slugos le with perl ,mysql & lighttpd and I had to
        compile
        > over a dozen perl modules to get everything I needed for my
        > application. I sort of kept notes, but it took a long time to
        download
        > and compile everything.
        >

        > > __

      • Tim Litwiller
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2008
          Really? I hadn't thought that would work, I'll give it a try tonite.

          So I would dd the flash drive to another the same size, then plug it in
          a new nslu2? Or rather flash a new nslu2 with slugos le and the plug in
          the copied flash drive?

          janne5011 wrote:

          > check out the dd-command?
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>, Timothy C Litwiller <tim@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I have been looking far a way to make a complete device backup and
          > > haven't had any luck. What do you use to make re-setting-up your
          > nslu2
          > > easier?
          > >
          > > I am using slugos le with perl ,mysql & lighttpd and I had to
          > compile
          > > over a dozen perl modules to get everything I needed for my
          > > application. I sort of kept notes, but it took a long time to
          > download
          > > and compile everything.
          > >

          > > > __

        • janne5011