Re: [nslu2-general] Please help, cannot access web interface after reflash

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2008
      abmoggy wrote:
      > I'm in need of assistance, guidance, divine miracle for my slug. I
      > was installing LAMP on it and did something to it that caused it to
      > not respond to http and will not let me connect to the web interface page
      > (http://192.168.1.77). So I successfully reflash it following the
      > SercommFirmware upgrade method to Unslung-6.10
      > (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/SercommFirmwareUpdater).
      >
      > That went well, and I can ping to the bugger, BUT I can't get to the
      > web interface page http://192.168.1.77. Just to test, I tried ftp to
      > it and it accepted the connection. I can't telnet to it because I
      > can't get to the admin page to enable telnet. I'm trying to follow
      > the Unslung-6.10 README but can't continue because I can't access the
      > web gui "Home" screen.
      >
      > What to do?

      Flash the Linksys firmware and follow the Linksys instructions to reset
      to the factory default settings using the reset button.

      > Thanks!
      >
      > ABMOGGY

      Mike (mwester)
    • fantuzfantuz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2008
        hi there !

        my advice is to run a portscan (linux: nmap) against the NSLU2 ...
        it will report your opened ports.

        also, i had succes in past by contacting 2800 port, it seems to be
        an upnp port and leads to webserver.

        and hear, at least do this:
        - obtain original firm v 25 or 29 (hard to find, tell me and i will
        share), don't use 65 or 6A.
        - flash old firm on NSLU2
        - get the latest firmware you want, unslung 6.10 let's say
        - upgrade firm again

        then, you should have reset settings, and see again web interface.

        HTH, please report !
        Bye, massimiliano fantuzzi