Re: [nslu2-general] Please help, cannot access web interface after reflash

  • Tim Litwiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2008
      Is there any chance you changes the admin interface port when you got
      the web server running? I changed mine to 8080 and it stayed that way
      over a reflash.

      abmoggy wrote:

      > I'm in need of assistance, guidance, divine miracle for my slug. I
      > was installing LAMP on it and did something to it that caused it to
      > not respond to http and will not let me connect to the web interface page
      > (http://192.168.1.77 <http://192.168.1.77>). So I successfully reflash
      > it following the
      > SercommFirmware upgrade method to Unslung-6.10
      > (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/SercommFirmwareUpdater
      > <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/SercommFirmwareUpdater>).
      >
      > That went well, and I can ping to the bugger, BUT I can't get to the
      > web interface page http://192.168.1.77. <http://192.168.1.77.> Just to
      > test, I tried ftp to
      > it and it accepted the connection. I can't telnet to it because I
      > can't get to the admin page to enable telnet. I'm trying to follow
      > the Unslung-6.10 README but can't continue because I can't access the
      > web gui "Home" screen.
      >
      > What to do?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > ABMOGGY

    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2008
        abmoggy wrote:
        > I'm in need of assistance, guidance, divine miracle for my slug. I
        > was installing LAMP on it and did something to it that caused it to
        > not respond to http and will not let me connect to the web interface page
        > (http://192.168.1.77). So I successfully reflash it following the
        > SercommFirmware upgrade method to Unslung-6.10
        > (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/SercommFirmwareUpdater).
        >
        > That went well, and I can ping to the bugger, BUT I can't get to the
        > web interface page http://192.168.1.77. Just to test, I tried ftp to
        > it and it accepted the connection. I can't telnet to it because I
        > can't get to the admin page to enable telnet. I'm trying to follow
        > the Unslung-6.10 README but can't continue because I can't access the
        > web gui "Home" screen.
        >
        > What to do?

        Flash the Linksys firmware and follow the Linksys instructions to reset
        to the factory default settings using the reset button.

        > Thanks!
        >
        > ABMOGGY

        Mike (mwester)
      • fantuzfantuz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2008
          hi there !

          my advice is to run a portscan (linux: nmap) against the NSLU2 ...
          it will report your opened ports.

          also, i had succes in past by contacting 2800 port, it seems to be
          an upnp port and leads to webserver.

          and hear, at least do this:
          - obtain original firm v 25 or 29 (hard to find, tell me and i will
          share), don't use 65 or 6A.
          - flash old firm on NSLU2
          - get the latest firmware you want, unslung 6.10 let's say
          - upgrade firm again

          then, you should have reset settings, and see again web interface.

          HTH, please report !
          Bye, massimiliano fantuzzi