Weather station

  • Tim Litwiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2008
      I have installed slugos and and all the software I need to get my
      weather station working with it. Now I want to make a backup of the
      entire device - becuase I have 5 more to go.

      Is the a way that I can get the entire setup backed up so I can restore
      and then just adjust a few files and the network addresses and names on
      each of the others as I roll them out?
    • Timothy C Litwiller
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
        I have been looking far a way to make a complete device backup and
        haven't had any luck. What do you use to make re-setting-up your nslu2
        easier?

        I am using slugos le with perl ,mysql & lighttpd and I had to compile
        over a dozen perl modules to get everything I needed for my
        application. I sort of kept notes, but it took a long time to download
        and compile everything.

        > __
      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2008
          check out the dd-command?

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Timothy C Litwiller <tim@...>
          wrote:

          > I have been looking far a way to make a complete device backup and
          > haven't had any luck. What do you use to make re-setting-up your
          nslu2
          > easier?
          >
          > I am using slugos le with perl ,mysql & lighttpd and I had to
          compile
          > over a dozen perl modules to get everything I needed for my
          > application. I sort of kept notes, but it took a long time to
          download
          > and compile everything.
          >

          > > __

        • Tim Litwiller
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 18, 2008
            Really? I hadn't thought that would work, I'll give it a try tonite.

            So I would dd the flash drive to another the same size, then plug it in
            a new nslu2? Or rather flash a new nslu2 with slugos le and the plug in
            the copied flash drive?

            janne5011 wrote:

            > check out the dd-command?
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>, Timothy C Litwiller <tim@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I have been looking far a way to make a complete device backup and
            > > haven't had any luck. What do you use to make re-setting-up your
            > nslu2
            > > easier?
            > >
            > > I am using slugos le with perl ,mysql & lighttpd and I had to
            > compile
            > > over a dozen perl modules to get everything I needed for my
            > > application. I sort of kept notes, but it took a long time to
            > download
            > > and compile everything.
            > >

            > > > __

          • janne5011