CUPS problem

  • Alvin Dustin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2008
      Hi all,

      I'm having problems with accessing the CUPS admin pages from 192.168.1.77:631
      Actually, I followed all instructions and managed to setup my printer and print from windows (even graphics)

      My problems:

      -I'm using EPSON EPL 6200-L mono laser printer. It prints fine, i believe i've setup CUPS properly. only problem is everytime i print something, there is a window (called Epson monitor 3) that pops up and says "communication error: Check all cable connections and make sure the printer is on". It prints fine however.. is it normal for this window to appear? because when the printer is connected to my desktop (windows), that message doesn't appear

      -I cant access the CUPS admin pages. I tried following the instructions about the SSL generation of certificates then they start asking me questions (what is your country, state, city, name, org, etc).. i put everything normally but still no access. i got this message "426 upgrade required" then redirected to a webpage (https://slug:631/admin/) with this message:

      "Secure Connection Failed

      An error occurred during a connection to slug:631.

      Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

      (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

      The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

      * Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem."

      any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

      yours truly,
      alvin dustin