NSLU2 & MP115 with network drive

  • pete.bfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2008
      I just love being complicated.
      Can I run Twonky on an NSLU2 which accesses media files on a Freecom
      network drive (not pro) and stream the to a Netgear MP115?

      If I can how do I do it as I know nothing about these beasts and will
      need to aquire one.
    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2008
        the answer is yes IF you can use the freecom network drive and a
        folder in it as a share, in that case its easy add the share from
        twonky webconfig.If the fereecom got unpn maybe you can disable it?

        BE aware new versions of twonky got no support for nslu2 or other
        NAS:s.

        try (free)mediatomb and see if that works before you decide; (ipkg
        install mediatomb).I assume netgerar mp115 have unpn.
        IHMO connecting a dnas to a nas is a clumsy way use a nslu2.Better usa
        usb2-disk only.

        -- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "pete.bfield" <pete.bfield@...>