USB and network at same time.

  • cmtas2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2008
      NEWBEE

      The information hear is overwelming and vary cool. My question is I am
      in need of a nas and usb hard drive to be acsecible by both (not
      nasaceritly at the same time) interfaces conected. I have a PVR that
      needs to see a USB 2.0 hard drive to record and play from. I would also
      like to accsess the hard drive to play recorded files on my home
      networked computers. Also ocaishonaly the PVR software needs to be
      updated and adding the updated file from the network to the hard drive
      would be vary nice.
      With all I have read hear it seams posible. That being said I can not
      find what I am looking for to work as stated or maybe I am
      misundersanding some of the terms used hear.
      Any help or direction would be graetly appreceated. I appoligise if
      this has been previesly discused and I did not find it.

      thank you
      cmtas2001
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2008
        To be a mass storage device for a PVR, the usb interface on the nslu2 would need to be a device interface. It's not, it's a host interface.
        -- Rod