Maximum disk size?

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2004
      Does this thing have a maximum disk size it'll support? I was looking
      at getting a SimleTech 400GB drive, but then I read a review on
      Pricegrabber that said the NSLU2 would only support a 250GB drive. Is
      that ture? Or will the 400GB drive work?

      Dan
    • paulbart1234
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2004
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <dan6992@h...> wrote:
        > Does this thing have a maximum disk size it'll support? I was
        looking
        > at getting a SimleTech 400GB drive, but then I read a review on
        > Pricegrabber that said the NSLU2 would only support a 250GB drive.
        Is
        > that ture? Or will the 400GB drive work?

        I've got a 300GB on mine (along with a 200GB). Although I haven't
        filled it up yet, it works fine so far.

        - Paulb
      • Stuart Stegall
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2004
          paulbart1234 wrote:
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <dan6992@h...> wrote:
          >
          >>Does this thing have a maximum disk size it'll support? I was
          >
          > looking
          >
          >>at getting a SimleTech 400GB drive, but then I read a review on
          >>Pricegrabber that said the NSLU2 would only support a 250GB drive.
          >
          > Is
          >
          >>that ture? Or will the 400GB drive work?
          >>

          > I've got a 300GB on mine (along with a 200GB). Although I haven't
          > filled it up yet, it works fine so far.
          >
          > - Paulb
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Actually there is no reason you cannot use one of the 5 disc usb enclosures with 5 300gb drives for 1200GB of space :) You would
          just need to presetup the raid ... http://www.pc-pitstop.com/das/t5_usb.asp

          Thanks,
          Stuart
        • claudius2k
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
            I am sure you figured it out by now. I have 2 of the Maxtor 300G
            drives. The drives format and work perfectly, but the built in
            backup utility will not work. I called Linksys who spoke to product
            support said 250G max. I wish they had included that information in
            the product spec sheet or on the box (whoops). I wouldn't have
            purchased these drives. I was counting on using a scheduled drive
            to drive backup without needing my Windows PC. It didn't sound
            hopeful, I am praying future firmware addresses this but I am not
            optimistic.

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "paulbart1234" <paulbart@b...>