stock unit falls of the network or fails connections

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2005
      Subject: stock unit falls of the network or fails connections

      I have an issue with a stock NSLU2 that has not been modded.

      It will at times fall of the network or will allow access to the web
      interface (192.168.1.77) but fail when you try to map a drive to it.
      (SMB share failure?)

      Has anyone else seen this and how did you fix it?

    • Oliver
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2005
        Steven <Steve@...> writes:

        > Subject: stock unit falls of the network or fails connections
        >
        > I have an issue with a stock NSLU2 that has not been modded.
        >
        > It will at times fall of the network or will allow access to the web
        > interface (192.168.1.77) but fail when you try to map a drive to it.
        > (SMB share failure?)
        >
        > Has anyone else seen this and how did you fix it?

        Sorry no solution, just wanted to say that my NSLU also drops connections.
        When I telnet into it or just try the web interface. When
        I am lucky I can click 3 links but then it usually fails and I get a page not
        available msg in IE. Then I wait a bit and do a refresh and its back.

        Same with telnet, I can do a ls or cd and then it hangs and says connection
        lost. After a few mins I can connect again, just to be dropped again. What
        could that be? (Unlung3.17)
        Its connected to a DLink 624c. When I connect it
        to my old linksys router it did not drop me off at all but I dont want to use
        2 routers and I need the WiFi.

        Thanks
      • Todd O. Klindt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2005
          Trying disabling uPNP on the NSLU2 and your D-Link router. That's
          what finally made mine stop dropping off of the network.

          tk
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Oliver <spacev@g...> wrote:
          > Steven <Steve@> writes:
          >

          > > Subject: stock unit falls of the network or fails connections
          > >
          > > I have an issue with a stock NSLU2 that has not been modded.
          > >
          > > It will at times fall of the network or will allow access to the
          web
          > > interface (192.168.1.77) but fail when you try to map a drive to
          it.
          > > (SMB share failure?)
          > >
          > > Has anyone else seen this and how did you fix it?

          > Sorry no solution, just wanted to say that my NSLU also drops
          connections.
          > When I telnet into it or just try the web interface. When
          > I am lucky I can click 3 links but then it usually fails and I get
          a page not
          > available msg in IE. Then I wait a bit and do a refresh and its
          back.

          > Same with telnet, I can do a ls or cd and then it hangs and says
          connection
          > lost. After a few mins I can connect again, just to be dropped
          again. What
          > could that be? (Unlung3.17)
          > Its connected to a DLink 624c. When I connect it
          > to my old linksys router it did not drop me off at all but I dont
          want to use
          > 2 routers and I need the WiFi.
          >
          > Thanks
        • shoppergroups
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Steven" <Steve@w...> wrote:
            > Subject: stock unit falls of the network or fails connections
            >

            > I have an issue with a stock NSLU2 that has not been modded.
            >

            > It will at times fall of the network or will allow access to the web
            > interface (192.168.1.77) but fail when you try to map a drive to it.
            > (SMB share failure?)
            >

            > Has anyone else seen this and how did you fix it?

            Try to disable upnp with the web admin interface, are u on a Dlink
            router? Anyway worked for me.