Re: No slugs at Staples anymore

  • davesienkiewicz
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
      Hi, Gregg.
      This happened at two stores in Northeastern Pennsylvania, Hazleton and
      Wilkes-Barre. What bothers me is that there was no notice, no sale.
      They just sent them back to their distributor (according to a store
      manager). I would have bought a couple of them if they were still
      available.
      Dave S.
    • Sam
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg C Levine"
        <hansolofalcon@...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        > Indeed.
        > According to the pages at LinkSys directly, the thing is considered
        > discontinued, all of the content for them is archival only.
        >
        > Your best place to find one would actually be, not eBay, but as it
        happens,
        > Amazon.
        >
        > Incidentally, where did this happen? I saw evidence of this on
        Sunday, last,
        > at a Staples practically right next door to me. (Astoria Queens.)
        >
        > --
        > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
        > "The Force will be with you always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

        This is interesting...

        Wonder why this has happened when there hasnt been a direct
        replacement for the item...?

        It seems, from a bit of googling, that reasonable stock IS still
        avaliable here in the UK

        Sam
      • Carl Zetie
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
          Keep an eye on the deal-a-day type sites for liquidation sales as they will
          likely start showing up there if retailers are shipping them back. I've seen
          them at a good price on ThingFling already.

          --CZ

          --
          View my personal blog at TheCzarDictates.blogspot.com

          The contents of this message represent the
          personal opinion of Carl Zetie and do not
          reflect the opinions of his employer