RE: [nslu2-general] No slugs at Staples anymore

  • Gregg C Levine
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
      Hello!
      Indeed.
      According to the pages at LinkSys directly, the thing is considered
      discontinued, all of the content for them is archival only.

      Your best place to find one would actually be, not eBay, but as it happens,
      Amazon.

      Incidentally, where did this happen? I saw evidence of this on Sunday, last,
      at a Staples practically right next door to me. (Astoria Queens.)

      --
      Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...

      On
      > Behalf Of davesienkiewicz
      > Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 7:44 PM
      > To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [nslu2-general] No slugs at Staples anymore
      >
      > I went to buy an NSLU2 at Staples today and found the shelves all
      > rearranged and no slugs to be found where there were three a few days
      > ago. The store manager told me they were discontinued items and she
      > returned them back to their distributor. Subsequently, we tried to
      > order them through their online service, and the search engine could
      > not locate an NSLU2 in the store catalog. So, I guess if your local
      > store still has them, nows the time to buy or get stuck like I did.
      > Dave S.
    • davesienkiewicz
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
        Hi, Gregg.
        This happened at two stores in Northeastern Pennsylvania, Hazleton and
        Wilkes-Barre. What bothers me is that there was no notice, no sale.
        They just sent them back to their distributor (according to a store
        manager). I would have bought a couple of them if they were still
        available.
        Dave S.
      • Sam
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg C Levine"
          <hansolofalcon@...> wrote:

          > Hello!
          > Indeed.
          > According to the pages at LinkSys directly, the thing is considered
          > discontinued, all of the content for them is archival only.
          >
          > Your best place to find one would actually be, not eBay, but as it
          happens,
          > Amazon.
          >
          > Incidentally, where did this happen? I saw evidence of this on
          Sunday, last,
          > at a Staples practically right next door to me. (Astoria Queens.)
          >
          > --
          > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
          > "The Force will be with you always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

          This is interesting...

          Wonder why this has happened when there hasnt been a direct
          replacement for the item...?

          It seems, from a bit of googling, that reasonable stock IS still
          avaliable here in the UK

          Sam
        • Carl Zetie
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
            Keep an eye on the deal-a-day type sites for liquidation sales as they will
            likely start showing up there if retailers are shipping them back. I've seen
            them at a good price on ThingFling already.

            --CZ

            --
            View my personal blog at TheCzarDictates.blogspot.com

            The contents of this message represent the
            personal opinion of Carl Zetie and do not
            reflect the opinions of his employer