Re: NSLU2 ohne Funktion

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2008
      hello I dont understand German but here is a German forum:

      http://www.nslu2-info.de/

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "nslu2345" <nslu2345@...> wrote:

      > Hallo,
      >
      > meine NSLU2 macht keinen einzigen Pieps mehr. Es leuchtet auch keine
      > einzige LED bis auf die Power LED ganz unten. In den Redboot-Modus
      > komme ich auch nicht mehr. Woran kann das liegen? Ist die Hardware
      > defekt oder ein evtl. zerstörter Bootloader? Hatte nach Unslung,
      > Openslug nun Debianslug installiert und das lief auch mehrer Tage ohne
      > Probleme. Nun kommt nach dem einschalten nichts mehr.
      >
      > Grüße

    • Klaus Ruebsam
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2008
        It might be a try to check the voltage that runs into the slug. Do not just
        measure the voltage of the powersupply when disconnected, measure the
        voltage wehen connected (open slug first to get that possibility). In the
        past whenever there was a report on a "broken" slug with same or simmilar
        behaviour, it was the power supply that was defective.

        A possibility might also be to disconnect all USB-devices prior to booting
        the device.

        BTW: The language of this board is ENGLISH.

        meine NSLU2 macht keinen einzigen Pieps mehr. Es leuchtet auch keine einzige
        LED bis auf die Power LED ganz unten. In den Redboot-Modus komme ich auch
        nicht mehr. Woran kann das liegen? Ist die Hardware defekt oder ein evtl.
        zerstörter Bootloader? Hatte nach Unslung, Openslug nun Debianslug
        installiert und das lief auch mehrer Tage ohne Probleme. Nun kommt nach dem
        einschalten nichts mehr.

        Grüße

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Gregg C Levine
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
          Hello!
          Indeed.
          It turns out that some drives designs draw more current then the peculiar
          configuration for same that the NSLU2 uses.

          The suggestion normally given is to switch to using a powered hub, after
          determining that the unit isn't defective in some fashion.

          --
          Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...

          On
          > Behalf Of Klaus Ruebsam
          > Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 3:49 PM
          > To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: AW: [nslu2-general] NSLU2 ohne Funktion
          >
          > It might be a try to check the voltage that runs into the slug. Do not
          just
          > measure the voltage of the powersupply when disconnected, measure the
          > voltage wehen connected (open slug first to get that possibility). In the
          > past whenever there was a report on a "broken" slug with same or simmilar
          > behaviour, it was the power supply that was defective.
          >
          > A possibility might also be to disconnect all USB-devices prior to booting
          > the device.
          >
          > BTW: The language of this board is ENGLISH.

          Im
          > Auftrag von nslu2345
          > Gesendet: Freitag, 7. März 2008 19:16
          > An: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
          > Betreff: [nslu2-general] NSLU2 ohne Funktion
          >
          > Hallo,
          >
          > meine NSLU2 macht keinen einzigen Pieps mehr. Es leuchtet auch keine
          einzige
          > LED bis auf die Power LED ganz unten. In den Redboot-Modus komme ich auch
          > nicht mehr. Woran kann das liegen? Ist die Hardware defekt oder ein evtl.
          > zerstörter Bootloader? Hatte nach Unslung, Openslug nun Debianslug
          > installiert und das lief auch mehrer Tage ohne Probleme. Nun kommt nach
          dem
          > einschalten nichts mehr.
          >
          > Grüße
        • nslu2345
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
            Hello,

            could I've damaged the NSLU because I connecteted a Webcam and a
            USB-Stick directly? Did this devices took too much power? It worked
            fine for several days until the NSLU will not boot any more. No LEDs
            are lightning only the LED of the power-button is lightning after
            pressing the power-button. I've installed Debianslug on a 1GB Kingston
            USB-stick without of errors an several reboots. After I "halt" on
            command prompt the NSLU doesn't boot anymore. Without webcam and
            USB-stick its the same. For the first 8 seconds the USB-stick is
            lightning.

            I wrote my first message in german cause I could select the language
            under this editor. "What language is this post in?"

            greets

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg C Levine"