Re: Sudden catastrophic slug failure - Please help!

  • bullfrog528
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:

      > I'm now back in business, so it was the power supply that was at
      > fault. Thanks for the help bullfrog! (and others)
      >
      > Oh, and if anyone here needs a 2.1mm -> 2.5mm DC adapter in the UK,
      > Maplins have them for £1.09.

      Just in case anyone else needs this adaptor from maplin, their
      product code is - L51AY

      Jeremy (Bullfrog)

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > The correct 5V Linksys PSU is available as a separate
      purchase. I
      > > have
      > > > seen a document somewhere that infers that it's the same power
      supply
      > > > that is used as an optional extra for some of the Linksys IP
      phones.
      > > > Item code is PA100 or PA-100.
      > >

      > > It turns out that the PA-100 is not the same PSU. It can't be
      used
      > > with the slug as it has a 2.1mm plug.
      > >
      > > To use this PSU you'll need an adapter to turn the plug into a
      2.5mm,
      > > just like the one bullfrog recommended:
      > > http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=AV15406

    • bullfrog528
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Peter!
        >
        > It might be worth adding this to the wiki:
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/PowerSupply

        I've Updated the page - any idea how I upload pictures to the wiki,
        or wiki gallery?

        Jeremy (Bullfrog)

        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > In message <fpvbp6+fvgt@>, jl0242 <japher@> writes
        > > >bullfrog, you're a legend :D
        > > >
        > > >Can access the slug via http and telnet @ 192.168.1.77
        > > >
        > > >I let the thing boot with no ethernet (it's quicker that way),
        then
        > > >plugged in my ethernet cable and now I can access the slug.
        Here's my
        > > >dmesg output:
        > > >http://rafb.net/p/SY4C6Z20.html
        > > >
        > > >Now to boot with the USB stick in and check the output again.
        > > >
        > > >I guess if it *is* the PSU I can just get any old universal 5V
        PSU??
        > > >(rather than replace the slug)
        > > >
        > > This may help.
        > > The correct 5V Linksys PSU is available as a separate
        purchase. I
        > have
        > > seen a document somewhere that infers that it's the same power
        supply
        > > that is used as an optional extra for some of the Linksys IP
        phones.
        > > Item code is PA100 or PA-100.
        > >
        > > A quick web search brings up this site for the UK version (must
        also be
        > > stocked in other counties).
        > >
        > > <http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?
        ProductID=3501>

        > > --
        > > Robert Hammond
        > > PGP:0x154144DA

      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 9, 2008
          bullfrog528 wrote:
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:
          >> Thanks Peter!
          >>
          >> It might be worth adding this to the wiki:
          >> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/PowerSupply
          >
          > I've Updated the page - any idea how I upload pictures to the wiki,
          > or wiki gallery?

          You can send them to me directly and I will add them to enable you to
          reference them in the wiki pages.

          -- Rod