Re: Any custom firmware planning to be released soon.

  • nslu2_linux
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, WRT54G.yg@d... wrote:
      > > Anyone know if the nslu2-linux guys have plans to release a custom
      > > firmware ?
      >
      > That is the eventual plan of the nslu2-linux group...but there is no
      > definitive eta atm. Once everything comes together, then it'll be
      compiled
      > by one of the guys there and the information will be posted here.

      unslung version 1.2 is in beta testing now.

      If you're itching to get it, then have a look at the IRC logs from
      #nslu2-linux (you can get the location of the logs from reading the
      nslu2-linux mailing list) to find out where it is :-) We won't be
      giving the URL directly until the beta test has shown it to be
      absolutely robust.

      We expect to announce it to nslu2-general sometime next week. We
      obviously have to make sure that it is rock-solid and extremely fail-
      safe before we let people flash it who don't have a serial port
      (although 2 of the beta testers have done so without problems).

      -- Rod