Re: [nslu2-general] Re: ftp from nslu2 for backup

  • Carl Lowenstein
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2008
      On 3/4/08, ian_jefferyes <nslu2@...> wrote:

      > I appear to have this working.
      >
      > I installed the packages:
      >
      > perl
      > perl-libwww
      >
      > I also manually created the listing.pm file that I found through google.
      >
      > I can then use the command line to load a directory to my ftp server.
      >
      > But, what I am not sure of is the syntax to get this as a cron job, I
      > tried a few things, but couldn't get it to work.
      >
      > Do you know if something like the following will work:
      >
      > 0 23 * * * root /usr/bin/perl ftpsync.pl -v '/public/Backup/My
      > Pictures'

      Much easier if you don't try to put all the complicated syntax into a
      cron job. Put everything into a shell script, and use cron to run
      that script. This way you can test the script independent of cron.

      0 23 * * * root /root/bin/backupscript

      This also avoids some of the bizarre quoting rules for putting special
      characters into crontab entries.

      carl
      --
      carl lowenstein