NSLU2 backups and rsync

  • David Shepherd
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      Anyone know what technique the NSLU2 (with standard firmware) uses for
      the backups you can setup via the webpage? I managed to get mine to
      backup up directory trees from my WD Netcenter onto the NSLU2 disk.

      I've now unslung and am wanting to use rsnapshot to setup a backup
      regime but when I test this the rsync fails saying that the netcenter
      does not recognize the rsync service. (using the backup rsync://...
      conf command for people familiar with rsnapshot)

      Is the solution to mount the netcenter drive on the NSLU2 and then do
      an rsync from "local" directories as that seems to be an approach I've
      found some people suggesting for this type of idea.