Re: Sudden catastrophic slug failure - Please help!

  • jl0242
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1 8:37 AM
      I'm now back in business, so it was the power supply that was at
      fault. Thanks for the help bullfrog! (and others)

      Oh, and if anyone here needs a 2.1mm -> 2.5mm DC adapter in the UK,
      Maplins have them for £1.09.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:

      > > The correct 5V Linksys PSU is available as a separate purchase. I
      > have
      > > seen a document somewhere that infers that it's the same power supply
      > > that is used as an optional extra for some of the Linksys IP phones.
      > > Item code is PA100 or PA-100.
      >

      > It turns out that the PA-100 is not the same PSU. It can't be used
      > with the slug as it has a 2.1mm plug.
      >
      > To use this PSU you'll need an adapter to turn the plug into a 2.5mm,
      > just like the one bullfrog recommended:
      > http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=AV15406

    • bullfrog528
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 7 1:24 PM
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:

        > I'm now back in business, so it was the power supply that was at
        > fault. Thanks for the help bullfrog! (and others)
        >
        > Oh, and if anyone here needs a 2.1mm -> 2.5mm DC adapter in the UK,
        > Maplins have them for £1.09.

        Just in case anyone else needs this adaptor from maplin, their
        product code is - L51AY

        Jeremy (Bullfrog)

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 7 1:37 PM
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Peter!
          >
          > It might be worth adding this to the wiki:
          > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/PowerSupply

          I've Updated the page - any idea how I upload pictures to the wiki,
          or wiki gallery?

          Jeremy (Bullfrog)

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > In message <fpvbp6+fvgt@>, jl0242 <japher@> writes
          > > >bullfrog, you're a legend :D
          > > >
          > > >Can access the slug via http and telnet @ 192.168.1.77
          > > >
          > > >I let the thing boot with no ethernet (it's quicker that way),
          then
          > > >plugged in my ethernet cable and now I can access the slug.
          Here's my
          > > >dmesg output:
          > > >http://rafb.net/p/SY4C6Z20.html
          > > >
          > > >Now to boot with the USB stick in and check the output again.
          > > >
          > > >I guess if it *is* the PSU I can just get any old universal 5V
          PSU??
          > > >(rather than replace the slug)
          > > >
          > > This may help.
          > > The correct 5V Linksys PSU is available as a separate
          purchase. I
          > have
          > > seen a document somewhere that infers that it's the same power
          supply
          > > that is used as an optional extra for some of the Linksys IP
          phones.
          > > Item code is PA100 or PA-100.
          > >
          > > A quick web search brings up this site for the UK version (must
          also be
          > > stocked in other counties).
          > >
          > > <http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?
          ProductID=3501>

          > > --
          > > Robert Hammond
          > > PGP:0x154144DA

        • Rod Whitby
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 9 1:42 PM
            bullfrog528 wrote:
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:
            >> Thanks Peter!
            >>
            >> It might be worth adding this to the wiki:
            >> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/PowerSupply
            >
            > I've Updated the page - any idea how I upload pictures to the wiki,
            > or wiki gallery?

            You can send them to me directly and I will add them to enable you to
            reference them in the wiki pages.

            -- Rod