Re: Sudden catastrophic slug failure - Please help!

  • jl0242
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2008
      I'm now back in business, so it was the power supply that was at
      fault. Thanks for the help bullfrog! (and others)

      Oh, and if anyone here needs a 2.1mm -> 2.5mm DC adapter in the UK,
      Maplins have them for £1.09.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:

      > > The correct 5V Linksys PSU is available as a separate purchase. I
      > have
      > > seen a document somewhere that infers that it's the same power supply
      > > that is used as an optional extra for some of the Linksys IP phones.
      > > Item code is PA100 or PA-100.
      >

      > It turns out that the PA-100 is not the same PSU. It can't be used
      > with the slug as it has a 2.1mm plug.
      >
      > To use this PSU you'll need an adapter to turn the plug into a 2.5mm,
      > just like the one bullfrog recommended:
      > http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=AV15406

    • bullfrog528
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:

        > I'm now back in business, so it was the power supply that was at
        > fault. Thanks for the help bullfrog! (and others)
        >
        > Oh, and if anyone here needs a 2.1mm -> 2.5mm DC adapter in the UK,
        > Maplins have them for £1.09.

        Just in case anyone else needs this adaptor from maplin, their
        product code is - L51AY

        Jeremy (Bullfrog)

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Peter!
          >
          > It might be worth adding this to the wiki:
          > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/PowerSupply

          I've Updated the page - any idea how I upload pictures to the wiki,
          or wiki gallery?

          Jeremy (Bullfrog)

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > In message <fpvbp6+fvgt@>, jl0242 <japher@> writes
          > > >bullfrog, you're a legend :D
          > > >
          > > >Can access the slug via http and telnet @ 192.168.1.77
          > > >
          > > >I let the thing boot with no ethernet (it's quicker that way),
          then
          > > >plugged in my ethernet cable and now I can access the slug.
          Here's my
          > > >dmesg output:
          > > >http://rafb.net/p/SY4C6Z20.html
          > > >
          > > >Now to boot with the USB stick in and check the output again.
          > > >
          > > >I guess if it *is* the PSU I can just get any old universal 5V
          PSU??
          > > >(rather than replace the slug)
          > > >
          > > This may help.
          > > The correct 5V Linksys PSU is available as a separate
          purchase. I
          > have
          > > seen a document somewhere that infers that it's the same power
          supply
          > > that is used as an optional extra for some of the Linksys IP
          phones.
          > > Item code is PA100 or PA-100.
          > >
          > > A quick web search brings up this site for the UK version (must
          also be
          > > stocked in other counties).
          > >
          > > <http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?
          ProductID=3501>

          > > --
          > > Robert Hammond
          > > PGP:0x154144DA

        • Rod Whitby
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 9, 2008
            bullfrog528 wrote:
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "jl0242" <japher@...> wrote:
            >> Thanks Peter!
            >>
            >> It might be worth adding this to the wiki:
            >> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/PowerSupply
            >
            > I've Updated the page - any idea how I upload pictures to the wiki,
            > or wiki gallery?

            You can send them to me directly and I will add them to enable you to
            reference them in the wiki pages.

            -- Rod