Re: [nslu2-general] high pitch noise

  • Peter Serbe
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2008
      The NSLU2 may contain a switching power supply (to transform the
      input 5V to the actual voltage applied to the processor and the
      RAM. These switching supplies tend to produce noise if either
      some component tolerances sum up in an unfortunate way or the
      windings on the transformer are not wounded strong enough. In
      former days some ham radio guys fixed loose windings by applying
      glue spray to it.

      I would rather recommend to try to exchange the device if You
      find it too loud. A small amount of noise is normal however.

      Best regards
      Peter