Re: New to the group

  • fenix_jn
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2008
      Well I can tell you. When I got the NSLU originally the transfer
      speed was about 3.4 MB/s. After taking off the resistor I get 6.7
      MB/s as reported by windows Perfmon tool with peaks at 7 MB/s and
      even 8 sometimes.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Richard Klein <rich@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I found the Nslu2 website a few days ago & I am really interested
      in all the features. I was given one from someone that felt it was
      too slow with the data transfer & I plan to use it to backup my raid
      backup & other NAS (an extra redundant backup). I was playing with
      the data transfer speeds & it certainly is slow but I think it might
      be OK for what I plan to use it for (a nightly 350G backup).

      > I already did the underclock to overclock resistor & while I cant
      tell a speed difference, it didn't brick it either :)

      > Is there a way to test the transfer speeds?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rich

    • Richard Klein
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2008
        How can you determine your transfer speed using the original Linksys firmware (or the latest)?

        Well I can tell you. When I got the NSLU originally the transfer
        speed was about 3.4 MB/s. After taking off the resistor I get 6.7
        MB/s as reported by windows Perfmon tool with peaks at 7 MB/s and
        even 8 sometimes.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Richard Klein <rich@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I found the Nslu2 website a few days ago & I am really interested
        in all the features. I was given one from someone that felt it was
        too slow with the data transfer & I plan to use it to backup my raid
        backup & other NAS (an extra redundant backup). I was playing with
        the data transfer speeds & it certainly is slow but I think it might
        be OK for what I plan to use it for (a nightly 350G backup).

        > I already did the underclock to overclock resistor & while I cant
        tell a speed difference, it didn't brick it either :)

        > Is there a way to test the transfer speeds?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rich

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Marcel Nijenhof
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 21, 2008
          Hi,

          > Is there a way to test the transfer speeds?

          Have a look at:
          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/SolvePerformanceProblems

          --
          marceln