ipkg

  • garbara3
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2008
      I an a noob to the nslu2. If I am posting this in the wrong place,
      please let me know. On my new slug I have installed SlugOs (BE) 4.8
      beta. I have also installed SAMBA and I am now backing up my wife's XP
      pc with a batch job and my two Linux systems automatically

      My questions have to do with ipkg and packages available for SlugOs
      4.8. On my slug in the /etc/ipkg directory is three files whose names
      and contents are listed. I have found only minimal information about
      ipkg's configuration files.

      arch.conf
      arch all 1

      arch any 6

      arch noarch 11

      arch armeb 16

      arch armv4b 21

      arch armv4tb 26

      arch armv5eb 31

      arch armv5teb 36

      arch ixp4xxbe 41

      arch nslu2be 46

      cross-feed.conf
      src/gz cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugosbe/cross/4.8-beta

      native-feed.conf

      src/gz native http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugosbe/native/4.8-beta

      There are no packages at the URL for native-feed.conf. Is this correct?

      There is a number of packages available at the URL src/gz cross
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/slugosbe/native/3.10-beta. One
      example is apache. Will these packages run under SlugOs 4.8? If the
      previous answer is "yes" can I just add another file similar to those
      above to my /etc/ipkg directory?

      If the above answer is yes, What other repositories can be added?

      What do the lines in the arch.conf file mean?

      Thank-you
      Gary Glasscock