Dead NSLU

  • ola_siq
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hi
      I have 2 NSLU one unslug and one original, but now I cant connect to
      anyone of them. They were set up with DHCP and was workiing for some
      time but now I cant see them and they don't send out request for
      IP-address.
      When I turn them on with only network connected the ready light shine
      for a few second and then the green light is on the network with no
      other light on. I have try to use Linksys setup but it cant find any
      NSLU device. I have also tried to TelnetIntoRedBoot how to and tried
      Sercomm's Win32 tool without any luck. So now I'm completely stock and
      cant do anything

      ola
    • Rob Tucker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        How long have you had them?

        My NSLU2 was working fine for over a year, but then it started becoming
        unresponsive and would sometimes reboot itself after a few minutes of being
        turned on. I purchased a 3rd party replacement power supply unit, and it has
        been working fine ever since. This may be your problem? It seems quite
        common that the power supply that comes with the NSLU2 from Linksys degrades
        after a time and no longer supplies enough power for the unit to run
        correctly.

        Rob.