Re: Write on Soundbridge display

  • doctordiller
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
      Thanks, this all looks real good but unfortunately I do not use
      Debian. Does anyone have a solution for optware ? I don't think there
      is a ipkg telnet package available. Is it possible to simulate telnet
      in anyway ?
      Thanks.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <sam@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > while
      > > the
      > > Does
      > > sh
      > > don't
      > > > >

      > > > Cant tell you yet.. Just installing my Soundbridge now
      > > >
      > > > I presume you can use a shell script to open a telnet
      connection,
      > > login
      > > > and input whatever you want it to display...?
      > > >
      > > > Will see what i can find out
      > > >

      > > > Sam
      > > >

      > SLUG:~# telnet
      > -bash: telnet: command not found
      > SLUG:~# apt-get install telnet
      > <snip>
      > SLUG:~# telnet
      > telnet> o
      > (to) 192.168.0.30 4444
      > Trying 192.168.0.30...
      > Connected to 192.168.0.30.
      > Escape character is '^]'.
      >

      > Welcome to the SoundBridge Shell version 3.0.49 Release
      > Type '?' for help or 'help <command>' for help on <command>.
      >
      > SoundBridge>
      >

      > For a really basic script:
      >
      > SLUG:/home/sam# ./soundbridge.sh
      > Trying 192.168.0.30...
      > Connected to 192.168.0.30.
      > Escape character is '^]'.
      >

      > Welcome to the SoundBridge Shell version 3.0.49 Release
      > Type '?' for help or 'help <command>' for help on <command>.
      >
      > SoundBridge> ^]
      > telnet> quit
      > Connection closed.
      >

      > SLUG:/home/sam# cat soundbridge.sh
      > #!/bin/sh
      >
      > telnet 192.168.0.30 4444
      >

      > SoundBridge> ?
      > Valid commands are:
      > ? - displays this list
      > help - provides help on a command
      > clear - clears the terminal window
      > stty - sets shell tty parameters
      > consoleprint - sets consoleprint on or off
      > version - prints out the software version
      > exit - exits the shell
      > cycles - displays a count of processor cycles
      > uptime - reports system uptime
      > reboot - reboots the system
      > ps - lists threads
      > ifconfig - lists network interface configurations
      > ping - pings an ip address
      > ipset - sets up a manual config
      > mfg - performs mfg tests
      > sketch - draw on the display
      > irman - capture, monitor or send IR commands
      > memstat - prints out memory statistics
      > romcheck - print rom sizes
      > log - dump the persistent log
      > logclear - clear the log
      > logadd - add string to log
      > attract - attract eyeballs
      > irwait - wait for a specific IR command
      > displaytype - print type of currently connected DISplay
      > time - displays the current time
      > clearsettings - clears CascadeSettings and reboots
      > softwareupgrade - perform software upgrades from network or local
      > storage
      > srbmod - modify srb for oem test
      > rcp - enter the RCP shell
      >

      > They provide some developer stuff... So it'll proably need looking

    • doctordiller
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
        Ok, I can make it work using Python. -> telnetlib.Telnet(host,port)
        Thanks for sending me an email with the answer.

        wrote:

> [...]
        > > ping - pings an ip address
        > > ipset - sets up a manual config
        > > mfg - performs mfg tests
        > > sketch - draw on the display
        > > irman - capture, monitor or send IR commands
        > > memstat - prints out memory statistics
        > > romcheck - print rom sizes
        > > log - dump the persistent log
        > > logclear - clear the log
        > > logadd - add string to log
        > > attract - attract eyeballs
        > > irwait - wait for a specific IR command
        > > displaytype - print type of currently connected DISplay
        > > time - displays the current time
        > > clearsettings - clears CascadeSettings and reboots
        > > softwareupgrade - perform software upgrades from network or
        local
        > > storage
        > > srbmod - modify srb for oem test
        > > rcp - enter the RCP shell
        > >

        > > They provide some developer stuff... So it'll proably need

      • Sam
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13 3:52 PM
          Just a little followup, as i was bored

          In the telnet, there is "sketch", which can write to the display

          text x y "Text"

          sketch> ?
          Commands:
          help - displays this list
          rect x y w h - draws rect
          framerect x y w h - frames rect
          point x y - draws point
          line x1 y1 x2 y2 - draws line
          blit x1 y1 x y w h - blits from (x,y,w,h) to (x1,y1)
          slide x n - slides the display x pixels n times
          font n|list - chooses a font by number
          "font list" to list fonts
          color n - chooses pen color (0 or 1)
          text x y "text" - draws text at point (x, y)
          use 'c' as x or y to center
          marquee -stop|[-start] "text" - slides text across the display
          encoding utf8|latin1 - selects utf8 or latin1 as character
          encoding
          clear - clears display
          quit - quits sketch