Re: Write on Soundbridge display

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2008
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "doctordiller" <jacob@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey,
      > Yes you can probably use a shell script and telnet. That is what I
      > would like to know how :-) I'm new to this stuff and would like to
      > know how to telnet OUT from the slug to the soundbridge. An example
      > would be appreciated.
      > Thanks,
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <sam@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "doctordiller" <jacob@>
      wrote:

      > > > Hi,
      > > > I have been working on a nice little setup where I have my slug
      > > > downloading torrents and FTP them to my network mediea player.
      > I'm
      > > > using a simple sh script to process the torrent file and FTP
      the
      > > > downloaded file to a folder on my network player.
      > > > What I would like to do is write a status on my soundbridge
      while
      > the
      > > > torrent is downloading (% done, copying file, file ready, ect.)
      > Does
      > > > anyone know how to write to the display of the soundbridge from
      > sh
      > > > script. I know about telnet to port 4444 and 5555 but I basicly
      > don't
      > > > know how to achive this from a .sh
      > > > Thanks,
      > > >

      > > Cant tell you yet.. Just installing my Soundbridge now
      > >
      > > I presume you can use a shell script to open a telnet connection,
      > login
      > > and input whatever you want it to display...?
      > >
      > > Will see what i can find out
      > >

      > > Sam

      SLUG:~# telnet
      -bash: telnet: command not found
      SLUG:~# apt-get install telnet
      <snip>
      SLUG:~# telnet
      telnet> o
      (to) 192.168.0.30 4444
      Trying 192.168.0.30...
      Connected to 192.168.0.30.
      Escape character is '^]'.

      Welcome to the SoundBridge Shell version 3.0.49 Release
      Type '?' for help or 'help <command>' for help on <command>.

      SoundBridge>

      For a really basic script:

      SLUG:/home/sam# ./soundbridge.sh
      Trying 192.168.0.30...
      Connected to 192.168.0.30.
      Escape character is '^]'.

      Welcome to the SoundBridge Shell version 3.0.49 Release
      Type '?' for help or 'help <command>' for help on <command>.

      SoundBridge> ^]
      telnet> quit
      Connection closed.

      SLUG:/home/sam# cat soundbridge.sh
      #!/bin/sh

      telnet 192.168.0.30 4444

      SoundBridge> ?
      Valid commands are:
      ? - displays this list
      help - provides help on a command
      clear - clears the terminal window
      stty - sets shell tty parameters
      consoleprint - sets consoleprint on or off
      version - prints out the software version
      exit - exits the shell
      cycles - displays a count of processor cycles
      uptime - reports system uptime
      reboot - reboots the system
      ps - lists threads
      ifconfig - lists network interface configurations
      ping - pings an ip address
      ipset - sets up a manual config
      mfg - performs mfg tests
      sketch - draw on the display
      irman - capture, monitor or send IR commands
      memstat - prints out memory statistics
      romcheck - print rom sizes
      log - dump the persistent log
      logclear - clear the log
      logadd - add string to log
      attract - attract eyeballs
      irwait - wait for a specific IR command
      displaytype - print type of currently connected DISplay
      time - displays the current time
      clearsettings - clears CascadeSettings and reboots
      softwareupgrade - perform software upgrades from network or local
      storage
      srbmod - modify srb for oem test
      rcp - enter the RCP shell

      They provide some developer stuff... So it'll proably need looking
      into

      Sam
    • doctordiller
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
        Thanks, this all looks real good but unfortunately I do not use
        Debian. Does anyone have a solution for optware ? I don't think there
        is a ipkg telnet package available. Is it possible to simulate telnet
        in anyway ?

      • doctordiller
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
          Ok, I can make it work using Python. -> telnetlib.Telnet(host,port)
          Thanks for sending me an email with the answer.

          wrote:

> [...]
          > > ping - pings an ip address
          > > ipset - sets up a manual config
          > > mfg - performs mfg tests
          > > sketch - draw on the display
          > > irman - capture, monitor or send IR commands
          > > memstat - prints out memory statistics
          > > romcheck - print rom sizes
          > > log - dump the persistent log
          > > logclear - clear the log
          > > logadd - add string to log
          > > attract - attract eyeballs
          > > irwait - wait for a specific IR command
          > > displaytype - print type of currently connected DISplay
          > > time - displays the current time
          > > clearsettings - clears CascadeSettings and reboots
          > > softwareupgrade - perform software upgrades from network or
          local
          > > storage
          > > srbmod - modify srb for oem test
          > > rcp - enter the RCP shell
          > >

          > > They provide some developer stuff... So it'll proably need

        • Sam
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
            Just a little followup, as i was bored

            In the telnet, there is "sketch", which can write to the display

            text x y "Text"

            sketch> ?
            Commands:
            help - displays this list
            rect x y w h - draws rect
            framerect x y w h - frames rect
            point x y - draws point
            line x1 y1 x2 y2 - draws line
            blit x1 y1 x y w h - blits from (x,y,w,h) to (x1,y1)
            slide x n - slides the display x pixels n times
            font n|list - chooses a font by number
            "font list" to list fonts
            color n - chooses pen color (0 or 1)
            text x y "text" - draws text at point (x, y)
            use 'c' as x or y to center
            marquee -stop|[-start] "text" - slides text across the display
            encoding utf8|latin1 - selects utf8 or latin1 as character
            encoding
            clear - clears display
            quit - quits sketch