Re: [nslu2-general] Re: DHCP in use - how to find out the IP?

  • Frank Reijn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2008
      Hee Rudolf,

      You are a funny guy :-)

      - ifconfig(as root)
      but for running this command you do need to know the ipadress !!!

      I know you wanted to help this guy.. just could not resist to jump on this... sorry.

      Cheers,

      Frank

      "reuter.rudolf" <reuterru@...> wrote: --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "hanurmin" <hanurmin@...> wrote:
      > My NSLU2 is running OpenSlug BE. My network provider has DHCP
      > server, from which the NSLU2 must get the IP address in order for
      > traffic to be routed.
      Is that really necessary?

      > When I turn DHCP "on" on the NSLU2 - how do I found out what is the
      > IP NSLU2 gets? !!!
      ifconfig (as root)

      > By using the default IP of the NSLU2 (192.168.1.77) I can connet to
      > the NSLU2 from my PC (ssh), but during this connection NSLU2 has no
      > connection to the Internet (nor by PC because of fixed IP on the
      > same range as NSLU2).
      The gateway and DNS address of the router must be set in NSLU2.

      > As a result I cannot install any packages to help the problem.
      >
      > Been thinkin about dumping the IP from inittab, or showing the IP
      > with Leds, but no good success yet with these. DynDns could help
      > also, but where to place the DynDns contactin (inittab? where there?)
      The DynDNS contact is best placed in the router.

      Greetings, Rudi

      \ \_^_/ /
      :/ \:

      Regards,