using ssh as user other than root on slug unslung to flashpen

  • nslu2_ginestre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2008
      First- I'm learning a lot with this, thanks to the excellent docs you
      guys have put together. But I'm a relative linux newbie, so humbly
      grateful for your time and patience!

      I've unslung to a 1GB thumb drive because I didn't want to reformat my
      WD HDD with all of the information it has: this is accessible from the
      on port 1.

      Now, to avoid telnet as advised, I want to set up the userlist for ssh
      access- but I can't do it fro the web interface (it seems) with a
      /HOME partition of fractions of a GB, and of course I don't have a
      whole GB available. I read in several places on teh wiki that I have
      to use the web interface for user management,for a variety of reasons.

      Is there some way to set up the /HOME partitions on the WD without
      reformatting? Or some other solution?

      TIA Richard