Write on Soundbridge display

  • doctordiller
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 16, 2008
      I have been working on a nice little setup where I have my slug
      downloading torrents and FTP them to my network mediea player. I'm
      using a simple sh script to process the torrent file and FTP the
      downloaded file to a folder on my network player.
      What I would like to do is write a status on my soundbridge while the
      torrent is downloading (% done, copying file, file ready, ect.) Does
      anyone know how to write to the display of the soundbridge from a sh
      script. I know about telnet to port 4444 and 5555 but I basicly don't
      know how to achive this from a .sh
      Thanks,
    • Sam
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 17, 2008
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "doctordiller" <jacob@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I have been working on a nice little setup where I have my slug
        > downloading torrents and FTP them to my network mediea player. I'm
        > using a simple sh script to process the torrent file and FTP the
        > downloaded file to a folder on my network player.
        > What I would like to do is write a status on my soundbridge while the
        > torrent is downloading (% done, copying file, file ready, ect.) Does
        > anyone know how to write to the display of the soundbridge from a sh
        > script. I know about telnet to port 4444 and 5555 but I basicly don't
        > know how to achive this from a .sh
        > Thanks,

        Cant tell you yet.. Just installing my Soundbridge now

        I presume you can use a shell script to open a telnet connection, login
        and input whatever you want it to display...?

        Will see what i can find out

        Sam
      • doctordiller
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 28, 2008
          Hey,
          Yes you can probably use a shell script and telnet. That is what I
          would like to know how :-) I'm new to this stuff and would like to
          know how to telnet OUT from the slug to the soundbridge. An example
          would be appreciated.
          Thanks,
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <sam@...> wrote:

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "doctordiller" <jacob@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > I have been working on a nice little setup where I have my slug
          > > downloading torrents and FTP them to my network mediea player.
          I'm
          > > using a simple sh script to process the torrent file and FTP the
          > > downloaded file to a folder on my network player.
          > > What I would like to do is write a status on my soundbridge while
          the
          > > torrent is downloading (% done, copying file, file ready, ect.)
          Does
          > > anyone know how to write to the display of the soundbridge from a
          sh
          > > script. I know about telnet to port 4444 and 5555 but I basicly
          don't
          > > know how to achive this from a .sh
          > > Thanks,
          > >

          > Cant tell you yet.. Just installing my Soundbridge now
          >
          > I presume you can use a shell script to open a telnet connection,
          login
          > and input whatever you want it to display...?
          >
          > Will see what i can find out
          >

          > Sam

        • Sam
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 29, 2008
            wrote:

            > Hey,
            > Yes you can probably use a shell script and telnet. That is what I
            > would like to know how :-) I'm new to this stuff and would like to
            > know how to telnet OUT from the slug to the soundbridge. An example
            > would be appreciated.
            > Thanks,
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <sam@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "doctordiller" <jacob@>
            wrote:

            > > > Hi,
            > > > I have been working on a nice little setup where I have my slug
            > > > downloading torrents and FTP them to my network mediea player.
            > I'm
            > > > using a simple sh script to process the torrent file and FTP
            the
            > > > downloaded file to a folder on my network player.
            > > > What I would like to do is write a status on my soundbridge
            while
            > the
            > > > torrent is downloading (% done, copying file, file ready, ect.)
            > Does
            > > > anyone know how to write to the display of the soundbridge from
            > sh
            > > > script. I know about telnet to port 4444 and 5555 but I basicly
            > don't
            > > > know how to achive this from a .sh
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >

            > > Cant tell you yet.. Just installing my Soundbridge now
            > >
            > > I presume you can use a shell script to open a telnet connection,
            > login
            > > and input whatever you want it to display...?
            > >
            > > Will see what i can find out
            > >

            > > Sam

            SLUG:~# telnet
            -bash: telnet: command not found
            SLUG:~# apt-get install telnet
            <snip>
            SLUG:~# telnet
            telnet> o
            (to) 192.168.0.30 4444
            Trying 192.168.0.30...
            Connected to 192.168.0.30.
            Escape character is '^]'.

            Welcome to the SoundBridge Shell version 3.0.49 Release
            Type '?' for help or 'help <command>' for help on <command>.

            SoundBridge>

            For a really basic script:

            SLUG:/home/sam# ./soundbridge.sh
            Trying 192.168.0.30...
            Connected to 192.168.0.30.
            Escape character is '^]'.

            Welcome to the SoundBridge Shell version 3.0.49 Release
            Type '?' for help or 'help <command>' for help on <command>.

            SoundBridge> ^]
            telnet> quit
            Connection closed.

            SLUG:/home/sam# cat soundbridge.sh
            #!/bin/sh

            telnet 192.168.0.30 4444

            SoundBridge> ?
            Valid commands are:
            ? - displays this list
            help - provides help on a command
            clear - clears the terminal window
            stty - sets shell tty parameters
            consoleprint - sets consoleprint on or off
            version - prints out the software version
            exit - exits the shell
            cycles - displays a count of processor cycles
            uptime - reports system uptime
            reboot - reboots the system
            ps - lists threads
            ifconfig - lists network interface configurations
            ping - pings an ip address
            ipset - sets up a manual config
            mfg - performs mfg tests
            sketch - draw on the display
            irman - capture, monitor or send IR commands
            memstat - prints out memory statistics
            romcheck - print rom sizes
            log - dump the persistent log
            logclear - clear the log
            logadd - add string to log
            attract - attract eyeballs
            irwait - wait for a specific IR command
            displaytype - print type of currently connected DISplay
            time - displays the current time
            clearsettings - clears CascadeSettings and reboots
            softwareupgrade - perform software upgrades from network or local
            storage
            srbmod - modify srb for oem test
            rcp - enter the RCP shell

            They provide some developer stuff... So it'll proably need looking
            into

            Sam
          • doctordiller
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
              Thanks, this all looks real good but unfortunately I do not use
              Debian. Does anyone have a solution for optware ? I don't think there
              is a ipkg telnet package available. Is it possible to simulate telnet
              in anyway ?

            • doctordiller
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2008
                Ok, I can make it work using Python. -> telnetlib.Telnet(host,port)
                Thanks for sending me an email with the answer.

                wrote:

> [...]
                > > ping - pings an ip address
                > > ipset - sets up a manual config
                > > mfg - performs mfg tests
                > > sketch - draw on the display
                > > irman - capture, monitor or send IR commands
                > > memstat - prints out memory statistics
                > > romcheck - print rom sizes
                > > log - dump the persistent log
                > > logclear - clear the log
                > > logadd - add string to log
                > > attract - attract eyeballs
                > > irwait - wait for a specific IR command
                > > displaytype - print type of currently connected DISplay
                > > time - displays the current time
                > > clearsettings - clears CascadeSettings and reboots
                > > softwareupgrade - perform software upgrades from network or
                local
                > > storage
                > > srbmod - modify srb for oem test
                > > rcp - enter the RCP shell
                > >

                > > They provide some developer stuff... So it'll proably need

              • Sam
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
                  Just a little followup, as i was bored

                  In the telnet, there is "sketch", which can write to the display

                  text x y "Text"

                  sketch> ?
                  Commands:
                  help - displays this list
                  rect x y w h - draws rect
                  framerect x y w h - frames rect
                  point x y - draws point
                  line x1 y1 x2 y2 - draws line
                  blit x1 y1 x y w h - blits from (x,y,w,h) to (x1,y1)
                  slide x n - slides the display x pixels n times
                  font n|list - chooses a font by number
                  "font list" to list fonts
                  color n - chooses pen color (0 or 1)
                  text x y "text" - draws text at point (x, y)
                  use 'c' as x or y to center
                  marquee -stop|[-start] "text" - slides text across the display
                  encoding utf8|latin1 - selects utf8 or latin1 as character
                  encoding
                  clear - clears display
                  quit - quits sketch