HDD access via Puppy wiped out NSLU2 users

  • ececcon1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      I used Puppy Linux on a spare PC to delete a corrupt 0 byte file on my
      USB ext disc. I had been unable to delete this file via
      WindowsXP/NSLU2. When I reconnected the disc to the NSLU2 (std Linksys
      firmware) all users except admin and guest had gone. I re-instated them
      and regained access, so no worries, but, anyone know why this would
      happen? Does Puppy always modify the passwd file for single user use? I
      haven't touched Unix for over 10 years, so I'm a bit rusty.