[nslu2-general] Unslung - where is 'admin' password stored?
- I tried to change the password for the user 'admin', using the Unslung web
interface. Unfortunately I seem to have messed things up.
* I can no longer log into my NSLU2 by ftp;
* Neither can I log into the admin-only parts of the Unslung web interface.
Fortunately, I can still log in as 'root' by SSH so I'm hoping I can rectify
things from the command line.
However I've had no luck with the instructions here: >>>
Changing the password using passwd does indeed update /etc/passwd, so I copy
this over /share/hdd/conf/passwd. But after rebooting, /etc/passwd has
goneback to how it was before! :(
Moreover, neither passwd nor smbpasswd seem to change the password for the
Unslung web interface or FTP.
1. How can I change/reset the admin password for accessing the web
2. Should it be the same password for logging into ftp as admin? Please can
someone clarify if there are indeed four different passwords (admin the ftp
user, admin the web interface user, admin the Samba user, and admin the OS
user?) Sorry if this is obvious.
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Unslung---where-is-%27admin%27-password-stored--tp14572508p14572508.html
Sent from the Nslu2 - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.