Re: [nslu2-general] SlugOSPassword for SSH

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2007
      "daanix7" <daanix7@...> writes:
      > I just flashed my slug to OpenSlug 3.10 from an older version of
      > SlugOS (maybe 2.7). Anyways, I can't seem to SSH into it. I can
      > connect to the slug through Putty, I use 'root' as the username and
      > 'opeNSLUg' as the password but it says that it is invalid. I have
      > tried 'OpenSlug' and several variations of the password but none seem
      > to work. Does anyone have any idea why I can't log after I flashed it?

      SlugOS will use the root password that's saved in the sysconf partition - so
      you probably did a "turnup preserve" or equivalent with the old SlugOS
      version, and the new install has picked that up.

      If you can't remember that password, the solution is to reset the sysconf
      partition. Reflash the original Linksys firmware, or Unslung, go to the web
      GUI, and use that to reset all settings to factory default. Then reset your
      network settings and save them. Then you can flash OpenSlug (I'd recommend
      that you use the newly-released 4.8 version), and it will pick up the saved
      network settings, and reset back to the default "opeNSLUg" password.

      Mike (mwester)