Clear samba share password in windows

  • alvindustin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2007
      hi all,

      i need help. i have several SAMBA shares on my SLUG and has setup
      several userid and passwords. when i go my network places in windows,
      i see all the shares. i didnt map any shares to a network drive. when
      i click any share, it'll ask me the userid and password. however i got
      1 share (SHARE A), when i click onto it, it straightaway opened the
      share without prompting me for user name/password. this share
      previously prompts me for user name/password. i think i may have
      checked the 'remember password' option when it prompted me last time.
      now i have 2 questions:

      1) how do i clear the password in windows for SHARE A so it'll prompt
      me for password when i clicked on it next time

      2)2 of my PC are broken down so i only using my laptop to access it.
      do u think that SHARE A will prompt me for user id/password when i
      accessed it with other PCs?

      thank you in advance,
      alvin dustin
    • Sam
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2007
        In both Vista and XP, if you go to control panel, then user accounts,
        on the left hand side there is "Manage your network passwords"

        You should see the IP address/hostname of the device

        Click it, and select remove

        That should remove your stored username/password

        Sam
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "alvindustin" <alvindustin@...>
        wrote:

        > hi all,
        >
        > i need help. i have several SAMBA shares on my SLUG and has setup
        > several userid and passwords. when i go my network places in
        windows,
        > i see all the shares. i didnt map any shares to a network drive.
        when
        > i click any share, it'll ask me the userid and password. however i
        got
        > 1 share (SHARE A), when i click onto it, it straightaway opened the
        > share without prompting me for user name/password. this share
        > previously prompts me for user name/password. i think i may have
        > checked the 'remember password' option when it prompted me last
        time.
        > now i have 2 questions:
        >
        > 1) how do i clear the password in windows for SHARE A so it'll
        prompt
        > me for password when i clicked on it next time
        >
        > 2)2 of my PC are broken down so i only using my laptop to access it.
        > do u think that SHARE A will prompt me for user id/password when i
        > accessed it with other PCs?
        >
        > thank you in advance,
        > alvin dustin

      • alvindustin
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2007
          Thank you all for your help and reply! i really appreciate it, good
          luck guys and happy new year!