Debian and ntfs-3g

  • remote4177
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2007
      I've got a ntfs usb drive that i'd like to be able to read and write
      to. I've read that ntfs-3g will suppor this functionality but I've run
      into roadblocks in trying to get the ntfs-3g package to install.

      When I attempt to issue apt-get install ntfs-3g I receive a message
      that the package can't be found. I was able to find the package listed
      at this site: http://packages.debian.org/sid/arm/ntfs-3g/download

      If someone could provide me with detailed instructions on how to get
      ntfs-3g installed I'd really appreciate it.

      thanks
      -Dean
    • bubblethug
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2007
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "remote4177" <remote4177@...> wrote:
        > When I attempt to issue apt-get install ntfs-3g I receive a message
        > that the package can't be found. I was able to find the package listed
        > at this site: http://packages.debian.org/sid/arm/ntfs-3g/download
        >
        > If someone could provide me with detailed instructions on how to get
        > ntfs-3g installed I'd really appreciate it.
        >
        > thanks
        > -Dean

        Either your package list is out of date or you're not running sid.
        In either event, http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ should
        help you out. N.B. sections 3.1, 3.8 or 3.9

        bt