RE: [nslu2-general] Re: noob running perl scripts from cron on theunslung -

  • James Dougherty
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 14, 2007
      Thank you so much!

      I got the ./ working and now onto cron.

      ;)

      Jim

      _____

      From: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of John
      Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 2:07 PM
      To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [nslu2-general] Re: noob running perl scripts from cron on
      theunslung -

      On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 06:42:18AM -0500, James Dougherty wrote:
      > Am I correct to believe that I need to get my install to be able to
      execute
      > from a ./ before I can make it a cron job?

      If you have perl simple.pl working that is enough. Just put
      /usr/bin/perl /path/to/simple.pl in as your cron command.

      By the way, for security, cron runs commands in a reduced
      environment. Even if your program runs from the command line you
      might still have problems if it makes assumptions about the path,
      the current directory, or other environmental issues.

      You might want to verify that /usr/bin/perl is really the right
      path to perl. Run 'which perl' from the command line to find the
      correct path.

      John